ALSERepository of Iași University of Life Sciences, ROMANIA

The prophylaxis of major bacterial infections in the Apis mellifera carpathica bee through honey, pollen and bee bread control

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author Savu, Vasilică
dc.contributor.author Șapcaliu, Agripina
dc.contributor.author Rădoi, Ion
dc.contributor.author Dobrea, Mimi
dc.contributor.author Milea, Florentin-Gheorghe
dc.contributor.author Călin, Victor
dc.contributor.author Bodescu, Dan
dc.contributor.author Pîrvuleț, Cristina-Ștefania
dc.date.accessioned 2021-05-06T05:34:03Z
dc.date.available 2021-05-06T05:34:03Z
dc.date.issued 2017
dc.identifier.citation Savu, Vasilică, Agripina Sapcaliu, Ion Rădoi, Mimi Dobrea, Florentin Milea, Victor Călin, Dan Bodescu, Cristina Ştefania Pîrvuleț. 2017. "The prophylaxis of major bacterial infections in the Apis mellifera carpathica bee through honey, pollen and bee bread control". Lucrări Științifice USAMV - Iași Seria Medicină Veterinară 60 (1): 16-19. en_US
dc.identifier.uri https://repository.uaiasi.ro/xmlui/handle/20.500.12811/1082
dc.description.abstract For the purpose of controlling the evolution of major bacterial diseases in bees, which decimate bee colonies in Europe and Romania, respectively, we examined samples (honey, pollen and honeycombs) in the apicultural year 2016, from all over Romania. Sample collection and testing were done with the purpose to prevent the contamination of bee colonies with the etiological agents of major bacterial diseases, considering that worker bees and the food entering the hive (honey, pollen) represent the main contamination ways. The diagnosis method observed OIE regulations (2008) and was adapted in an original way in the Bee Pathology Laboratory in Bucharest. A total of 73 samples were examined, representing honey (51), honeycombs (6) and pollen/bee bread (16), from private apiaries all over the country, that presented depopulation without clinical evolution of contagious diseases in bees, and in which we diagnosed the presence of etiological agents of major bacterial bee diseases (36.98 %), while the rest of the samples were negative (63.02%). Of the 51 samples of honey that were examined, we identified 39.22% positive samples and 60.78% negative ones. Of the pollen samples that were examined, 31.25% were positive and 68.75% were negative, and the honeycombs samples showed 33.33% positive and 66.66% negative. Previous researches indicated that the positive samples (honey, pollen, bee bread), from apiaries in all the regions of the country, represented the basis for the prophylaxis of major bacterial diseases so that, by avoiding using them in bee nutrition, the evolution of major bee diseases did not confirm clinically or paraclinically in the following season (January-April 2017). en_US
dc.language.iso en en_US
dc.publisher ”Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Iași en_US
dc.rights Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
dc.rights.uri https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
dc.subject Apis mellifera carpathica en_US
dc.subject honey en_US
dc.subject pollen and bee bread control en_US
dc.title The prophylaxis of major bacterial infections in the Apis mellifera carpathica bee through honey, pollen and bee bread control en_US
dc.type Article en_US
dc.author.affiliation Vasilică Savu, Agripina Sapcaliu, Beekeeping Research and Development Institute Bucharest
dc.author.affiliation Ion Rădoi, Mimi Dobrea, Florentin Milea, University of Agronomical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Bucharest
dc.author.affiliation Victor Călin, Spiru Haret University Bucharest
dc.author.affiliation Dan Bodescu, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine “Ion Ionescu de la Brad”, Iași
dc.author.affiliation Cristina Ştefania Pîrvuleț, Academy of Agricultural and Forestry Sciences“Gheorghe Ionescu-Sisești”
dc.publicationName Lucrări Științifice USAMV - Iași, Seria Medicină Veterinară
dc.volume 60
dc.issue 1
dc.publicationDate 2017
dc.startingPage 16
dc.endingPage 19
dc.identifier.eissn 2393-4603


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)